Paula Deen’s Cheesy Enchilada Soup
- 1.5 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (10 oz) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnish: sour cream, shredded MJ cheese with peppers
1. In a large dutch oven, cook ground chuck and onion over med-high heat until beef is browned and crumbly. Drain well.
2. Add other ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat; simmer for 25 minutes. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Our thoughts on the soup tonight: Bryan: “Delish!” His rating 1:12 ( once a month) On a side note….my husband rates meals. He is NOT one to do Spaghetti once a week. If he feels like we eat something too much he will never want it again. He developed the rating system so I would know how often he would enjoy eating it. Nutty, right? I think so. All the kids had seconds. Overall it was pretty good. Especially since it is a dump soup.
Think this is good? You should try this Chicken Chili.
Our Menu during the holidays:
Chicken Marsala with Asparagus and Moz (Paula Deen) from her holiday magazine–couldn’t find a link
Hearty Veggie Soup (Paula Deen) from her holiday magazine–couldn’t find a link
Chicken Tacos (Rachael Ray) from a cookbook–couldn’t find a link
Lazy Chicken (Rachael Ray) from a cookbook–couldn’t find a link
Beef Enchiladas (Kellys Korner)
Tuna Melts (Pioneer Woman)
Chicken Soup (Pioneer Woman)
Beef with Snow Peas (Pioneer Woman)
Christmas Eve: Appetizer & Dessert Buffet
Christmas Dinner: Steaks
I won’t bore you with our lunch and snack menu. (Yes I have one) I will………just for my friend Jen’s sake be sure to post my Muffin Tin Monday pictures. (inside joke)